This method combines both individual task and team work
It doesnt requires many materials. The aim is to make the participants to understand better the concept of Project Cycle Management.
To understand the concept of Project Cycle Management and how its correlated with social entrepreneurship.
Objectives (including the learning outcomes)
To identify and get to know the steps of the project cycle management.
Number of participants
A minimum of 15 participants
Needed materials (and links to other online material too)
3 puzzles (2 imagines; each puzzle will contains 20 pieces).The imagines are: cow, tree, car. Each imagine will be cut in 20 pieces. For two of the puzzles we will not give to the participants all the pieces). Each puzzle will have different colour. Imagine with PCM
Detailed description of the activity (describing each stage and step of the activity and how they address the objectives)
- Mix the parts of each puzzle and give to each participant 3 or 4 pieces of the puzzle. (the leader will keep the missing pieces of the puzzle).
- Divide the group in 3 groups randomly. For exemple you can use the count method (put the participant to count 1,2,3 and then to split the group in 3 groups).
- Ask the group to look at the pieces and tell them try to put them together without telling them what the pieces represents and the fact that there are 3 puzzle.
- The leader has to say the group this: How many people completed the puzzle? After they answer the leader can say: The reason for which you dont have all pieces is because that the pieces belongs to 3 different puzzles.
- Ask them to complete the 3 puzzles by breaking the groups.
- The group has to sit and the start a disccusion about the activity.
- The leader will put the following questions:
– Identification and programming (What was the first thing you did when you received the pieces? Did you tried to look to the others group? Did you want to put questions to me? How did it feel to break the group?)
– Planning (What kind of strategy did you use to start making the puzzle? How many of different colours pieces of puzzle did you had?)
– Implementation (How did you completed the task that you received?)
– Evaluation (Was is a good strategy? Do you need more resources to complete the job? What would you improve if you would want to do the puzzle again?
- Meanwhile that the leader receive the answers he will do the connection with the PCM.