This is an interactive method which combines both individual task and team work. It doesnt requires many materials. The aim is to make the participants to understand the concept of Project Cycle Management.
To understand better the concept of Project Cycle Management and how its corelated with social entrepreneurship.
Objectives (including the learning outcomes)
To identify and get to know the steps of the project cycle management.
Number of participants
A minimum of 10 participants
Needed materials (and links to other online material too)
Post its, pens, flipchart// whiteboard, 4 plastic plates (each of them will represent one
step of PCM), chairs.
Put the chairs in a circle. Under each chair put the post its with different ,,ingredients” (definitions/ exemples related with PCM).Post its with the same colours represent one of the steps of PCM See them below:
- Identification (Definition/ Exemples)
– Find project idea that are consistet with local needs;
– Are there any past experiences?
– Find out key stakeholders and their proirities
– Increase the life quality of singles mothers
– Decrease the number of the people that are dying alone
- Planning (Definition/ Exemples)
– Prepare a detail material description
– Analyze cost – benefits
– What are the risks and how we can combate them?
– Which are our resources?
– Is our idea sustainable?
– Define a time scheduale
– Final version for proposal
- Implementation (Definition/ Exemples)
– Implement the activitites and deliver the results
– Manage the resources in an efficent way
– Monitor and review progress
– Established working
– A new place in the community with the recycle system
– Creating a food truck as a social cooperative
- Evaluation (Definition/ Exemples)
– Determine the relevance and fullfillment of objectives
– Analyze the economical efficiency
– Which impact the activity/project has?
– Lessons to learn
– Balance scorecared
– Evaluation form
Detailed description of the activity (describing each stage and step of the activity and how they address the objectives)
- Invite the people in the circle.
- Start by telling them, Hello, we will have a dinner and we need your help in order to prepare the four courses. For this you will find the ingredients written on the post its under your chairs.
- Ask the participant to look under the chair and read the post its.
- We ask the participants with the same colour to group.
- Ask the participants to read their own post it and to decide together which post it belong to each plate.
- Put the post its in the plate.
- Debriefing: Observation: Try to make a connection between PCM and the preparation of the diner. If something goes wrong with the project or you find something new to add (the circle will repeat)