A group work to learn how is important an effective marketing and communication strategy for NGOs also showing some good examples from famous social entepreneurships.
Focus on the importance of an effective marketing and communication strategy in order to self sustain NGOs.
Objectives (including the learning outcomes)
- Focusing on the meaning of “marketing” and “communication”.
- Group work to create an effective marketing and communication strategy.
- Focusing on good examples of effective m.c.s.
Number of participants
Needed materials (and links to other online material too)
- For the Powerpoint introduction: Marketing definition– Important marketing definitions– Communication definition– The importance of the feedback in communication.
- Good examples in marketing communication for social entrepeneurship (Toms– Ashoka Italia)
Detailed description of the activity (describing each stage and step of the activity and how they address the objectives)
- Introducing the theme “marketing and communication” by showing point 1 in needed materials slides in order to make the topic clear and to let participants know that is necessary to have a good m.c.s. to self-sustain their NGOs and their social purpose. (5 minutes ).
- Splitting participants into groups randomly (count 1,2,3… depending on the number of people.Max 5 ppl per group. They don’t have to be all the same number of elements)
Facilitators will have at least 3 groups of pieces of paper in wich are written words concerning (1 per piece of paper)Business to promote (a pen, a book, a social event, a service), the target they have to reach (schools, families, kids, other NGOs, social stakeholders), the media they have to use to reach the target in order to promote the business (facebook, a webpage, newsletter, a flyer). They will let each group of participants pick a piece of paper. In the end all the groups will have at least 3 pieces of paper (e.g. a pen, families, webpage) and they will have to fill a form that will be given them by the facilitators in order to create a good m.c.s.(25 minutes).
- Each group will be given 5 minutes more or less (according to the number of groups) to present their m.c.s. meanwhile they can be compared to good examples of m.c.s. in social entrepeneurship. (see point 2 in needed materials) (from 10 to 20 minutes).
- Debriefieng + questions (5-10 minutes).